Friday, January 4, 2008

Shopaholics Anonymous

It is a sad fact that when shopping with my mother-in-law, I often covet those little treasures that she seems to effortlessly pluck out of oblivion while I am blindly fumbling through all the crap hanging on the racks. The woman seems to have a 6th sense that allows her to spot the fabulous little things that I overlook or dismiss without a second glance. And even better, she always manages to find them at 50-70% off! This must be a talent that I either do not posess or have not honed to perfection as she has.

During this visit, we dedicated two full days to outlet shopping. Eventually I just gave up and began following her around, conceding to her obvious superiority in the realm of fashion and bought several duplicates of her finds - a pair of lovely leather boots, a fuschia top, and this little brown number. And under her influence, I also finally replaced my 10-year-old black peacoat with a new sexy gray one. And miraculously, Greg never even lifted an eyebrow at my shopping spree. Perhaps Ewa should visit more often. :)


Oh, and for the record, I have no reservations about wearing the same clothes as a woman twice my age. She looks damn good for 62! And dresses a hell of a lot nicer than a lot people I know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna go shopping! Wait... maybe I should concentrate on finding a job first before spending a bunch of money I don't have.

Anonymous said...

This is really strange that you should talk about how Ewa looks. By coincidence , we very recently were talking about my wonderful son-in-law and his mother. Mr. Mac was telling our friends what a sexy lady Ewa is and very attractive.