Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy 2008, everyone!

Ever since I escaped the hell that is high school, every year has just gotten better and better. So I have no reason to doubt that this is going to be the best year yet. :)

I don't really hold much stock in New Year's resolutions. They're usually forgotten within the first few weeks of making them. And yet I feel compelled so here goes:

1. I will get out of grad school this year - with or without a PhD.
2. I will figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
3. I will start my running schedule again and lose this loathsome spare tire that has newly taken up residence on my midsection.
4. I will try my best to avoid arguments and/or bloodshed with my sister when she moves in later this month.
5. I will be happy and celebrate my 31st birthday as if it did not solidify in my head the fact that my 20's are now completely and utterly gone.

Cheers, everyone. And I hope your 2008 surpasses all of your hopes and expectations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I made the list, but can we start off more positive. Instead of worrying about arguments/bloodshed, why don't we just decide to work on our friendship rather than sisterly bonding. People always try to do better/impress their friends more than family/loved ones (I've found). I'll probably get on your nerves and you'll be irritated with me 85% of the time, but I say we just agree to disagree on many, many things. ;) This will be good for us... no bloodshed here. See? Positive! Positive!
Love you!
p.s. packing away- super excited-hope you still want me- I'm coming anyway.