Last year it was weddings. This year its baby showers.
Everyone seems to be pregnant right now. Halle Berry, Jessica Alba, Kate Blanchett, J Lo, Nicole Kidman, etc, etc, ad naseum. Even people like freakin' Nicole Richie and Jamie Lynn Spears! In fact, I heard on the news the other day that we might be entering a new baby BOOM! The total number of U.S. births is the highest its been since 1961, the end of the last baby boom. And things are no different around these parts.
This week-end I went to my friend Alisha's baby shower, had dinner with a 7.5-month preggo friend, and learned that another friend is almost 3 months pregnant. I guess that's the natural progression of things. But don't hold your breath for us just yet. (I'm talking to you- Mel, Mom, Ewa!)
All these big bellies mean that Greg and I definitely have babies-on-the-brain, but I have to get out of grad school first. And, of course, it wouldn't hurt if I had a job lined up too. And there are a few more vacations we'd like to take. Oh, and get our finances bulked up. And get healthy. And... let's see. What other excuses can we use here? Well, you get the idea.
**Update** Just got an email from Greg. Two of his friends in England are also expecting their first child soon. I'm extremely happy and excited for these expectant mommies and daddies, but please, when will it stop?!
2 comments:
But you'll have the CUTEST babies! Don't worry... I'm not going to hassel you... anymore. ;)
Hey, what did I tell all my kids? I would LIKE to be a grandma by the time I'm 60 .... but if not, I'll set another goal. And in case you don't remember, I've got a LONG ways to go 'til 60.
Get your lives in order first and most of all, wait until you get tothe point where you REALLY, REALLY want a baby!
Love from me to you
Post a Comment