Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Beautiful Family

There's a local photographer whose work I've been coveting for years. I love her photos. They are so fresh and sweet and light. She captures so many secret, quiet moments between loved ones that some of them have honestly made me choke up a little. Or a lot if I'm perfectly honest.

They make me happy. But none of them more so than these!

Look at my handsome boys!!! I am in love all over again!


We had a shoot with her bright and early this morning that I've been preparing for and anticipating for months. We met in a parking garage of all places and spent probably an hour and a half with her. The boys were really confused. New clothes, new person, out of the house bright and early, being plopped down all over the place and having goofy noises and goofy Daddy bouncing around them for no apparent reason. The weather was hot & humid. And yet, what came out of it were these gorgeous photos!

Greg and I saw the sneak peak this afternoon and were blown away. I mean, we were THERE, and we didn't even see these moments. How did she capture these? It wasn't as if she were clicking and shooting like a mad woman, like I do when I'm trying to catch the boys doing something cute. Color us impressed!

And in 2-3 weeks, we'll have so many more to oooh and ahhhhh over. I honestly don't know how I'm going to stand it. I guess I will just have to constantly stare at these four until then. :)


The boys are 1 year & 8 days old.

3 comments:

Tabatha said...

Love them!!

ashley said...

love them!!! can't wait to see more!

Juicy said...

I love them too. I can't believe I ever thought they looked alike! They are studies in opposites. :) But, they're both gorgeous little guys. I really like the pic w/ you and Greg holding the boys up, we did that same shot and it is one of my faves too. Framed and everything!

Can't wait to see more. :)