Greg and I are obsessed with a British television show called Cold Feet. We've seen seasons 1 through 3 via Netflix and the library, but seasons 4 & 5 aren't available to buy or rent anywhere here in the U.S. One day last week Greg was surfing Amazon and found the DVD set containing ALL five seasons for less than $50! We ordered it immediately. Its was being shipped from Britain so we weren't expecting it for weeks.
Well, it came in today!
I have so much work to do, but we couldn't help ourselves. We spent about three hours watching a whole DVD from season 4 this afternoon. Its the season where one of the main characters becomes addicted to alcohol. She's boozing it up with strangers and putting herself into all sorts of dangerous situations. But the breaking point finally comes when she gets in the car and has an accident with her little son in the back seat. Later in that same show comes the heart-breaking scene where she accidentally bumps into her husband outside a shrink's office (one that he's been seeing too). And through lots of crying and tears, she admits to him that she has a problem and needs his help.
Greg reached over to hold my hand (because he gets the warm & fuzzies when he watches this show), and I turned to him and said If I ever became an alcoholic, would you help me?
To which he replies Of course, I would. Then he turns to me with an equally earnest look on his face and says If I'm ever binge-drinking, don't stop me.
Ugh.
1 comment:
The way of your thinking is different.Very good it is.You have a chance to provide information in this site..
Have a healthy day
-------------------------------------
Mini
Alcohol abuse affects millions. This site has a lot of useful information.
http://alcoholabusecenter.com
Post a Comment