I'm feeling psychotic and overwhelmed again today. The muscles in my neck and back and shoulders are tensing up so tightly that they feel like they may just crack and shatter. Aside from the worse-than-average work stuff that has me freaking out, I'm also stressing about silly stuff that should be fun. Tonight Greg is cooking dinner for me and an old friend & work-mate of his that is in town for some kind of conference. He's a French guy named Christophe who knew both Greg's ex-girlfriend and my ex-boyfriend. For some reason I'm a little nervous about meeting him. Why? I don't know, but I think it has something to do with the fact that he's only known Greg as being with another person. Its silly. I fully realize this but can't help myself.
On top of that, we're going "back country" camping with our friends Mark & Brianna on Saturday at Lost Maple State Park. Its only a 2-mile hike in so I guess really the main concern is that it will be at a primitive site. Greg has slept in a tent before, but that's about the extent of his camping experience. So he's leaving the planning and preparations for this trip completely up to me. Fine. However, I really only have gear for me. I have to somehow scrounge up enough extras for Greg too. And I have less than 3 days to do it. Ahhh!
I need a bubble bath...
No comments:
Post a Comment