Looking for a unique date idea? Allow me to suggest dinner and a concert
inside a natural cave! That's right - in a limestone bedrock cavern. The inspired music lovers at
Longhorn Cave State Park have organized various concerts throughout the year. Most of them are vocalists from what I understand, but last night was the first ever piano concert that they've attempted. It took a few enormously beefy men an hour and a half to schlepp a grand piano down the 52 stone steps, through the cavern, and into the big room. I shudder to think how long it took them to get it back out...

We, along with our friends Mark and Brianna, reserved tickets to see Joseph Cordi, an Austin jazz musician, perform some of his own inventions plus a few oldy-but-goody standards. After the regular tour and a fajita dinner, it was a lovely way to wind down the evening. If you have the means, I highly recommend it.


The regular cavern tour helped us build up an appetite too. Thanks for the find, Brianna!
3 comments:
How exciting! You do realize that one of three things are going to have to happen when I get there.
1: I'm going to have to make friends FAST so I can go out and experience all of this
2: You're going to have to leave Greg at home and go with me or allow me to tag along with you and all of your married friends when you go out to do all these exciting things
OR
3: I'm going to have to learn to enjoy solo adventures. The closest I've come is going to a movie by myself in the middle of the afternoon. That's a start right?
Are you sure you still want me to come?
Yes, I still want you to come. And don't worry. Greg is already working on setting you up with several of his single friends. Are YOU sure you still want to come?
Yes, I'm VERY sure I still want to come. I'm getting things in order here to get ready to go. Wahoo!
Post a Comment