Just got this email from the Chairman's office that was sent out to all the grad students in my department:
date: Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:27 PM
subject: Free (Good) Coffee! Hooray!
Hello All~
We have some delicious hot Starbucks in our office up for grabs, complete with sugar and cream. Help yourselves.
And then this:
date: Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:44 PM
subject: Coffee is Gone!
Unless someone wants a big cup of cream.
I appreciate that they're willing to share, but I'm starting to think this is some kind of fun game for them. Kinda like teasing animals at the zoo. Throw out promises of free food to grad students and see how fast they desperately come running to collect on the goods. Maybe we're part of some sociology experiment. So far the only parameters being tested - as far as I can tell - is the bait. They've tried it with doughnuts, cookies, sandwiches, and now coffee.
FYI, so far doughnuts have the fastest clearance kinetics.
No comments:
Post a Comment