And DSW is my enabler.
Yesterday was the start of their week-end 50%-off sandals sale. I went in, not because I needed more shoes, but because this is my happy place and everyone could use more trips to their happy place, am I right?
I walked in and quickly found these babies:

Okay, this is forgivable. Not only can I wear flip-flops almost every day this summer, but they were only $11. And I can replace a cruddy, old brown pair with these. Win-win! Go me!
I was almost out the door after this find. All rows had been thoroughly scoured. I was ready to hand over my 11 dollars and escape with very little damage. But... then I checked the clearance rack and found these!:

Okay, no, I do not wear high heels every day. No, I do not necessarily need these. But come on! How beautiful are they?! And they make my tootsies look all delicate and cute, no small feat for my size 10 canoes! Plus, I can kinda justify them for an up-coming wedding. Yeah, there we go! Just the excuse I needed - the wedding... :)
(Greg, don't kill me. They're hot and you know it!)
So usually - you might not believe me but it's true - I don't have to spend a single penny at DSW to have a worthwhile experience. They have some pretty amazing shoes, the entertainment value of which are priceless.
Take these, for example:

If you were ever in a street fight and had to defend yourself, the heel could, of course, serve as a good self-defense tool. But you could also wrap those straps around your fist for ready-made brass knuckles.
I actually really like these, by the way... But I'm a total sucker for red shoes. (See, Greg. Restraint.)
These remind me of Michael Jackson:

You can't tell from this picture, but the sides are totally sparkly and glitterized - not unlike:

What is going on with the sneaker-come-wedges?:

Why, Steve, why?!
Or worse, the sneaker/high-heel platform hybrid:

Unless these are part of some disco-dancing costume, no! Just. No!
I'm sorry, but shame on the person who dropped $148 on these rainbow flats just because they were Coach:

It may be time to step back and seriously re-evaluate your label relationships.
But the worst were these:

Chartreuse flats with a shoelace-type pom-pom on top! Ew! (also available in white)

If you own these shoes, I'm pretty sure you and I - well, we couldn't be friends. I'm just saying...
2 comments:
ha ha ha ha!! I always seem to end up at DSW w/ my sister and we'll go around yelling to each other, "Hey, here are the 4 inch pumps with gold coins you wanted" or other such things. There are some hilarious shoes out there. I'm so glad you got pictures. :)
This is my favorite post!! I totally know a girl who would wear those rainbow coach shoes, and I don't get it either. AND I wish I had seen this post earlier cause I would have been at DSW buying those heels!! They are very cute :-)
Post a Comment