Monday, December 10, 2007

Eerily Quiet...

My boss is gone (on his fab tropical holiday conference, grrrr...). Its dead week here on campus so the students are nowhere to be found. The weather is cold and cloudy and drizzly. Its Monday.

In short, I feel like I should be at home in my pj's, sweats and fluffy socks. Instead I'm trying to motivate myself to write exam questions on my least favorite biochem subjects (amino acid and nucleotide metabolism, if you're wondering). Work, ugh.

The week-end was good though. We stuffed ourselves with Aussie meat pies at Mark & Brianna's, followed by a pathetic go at Dance Dance Revolution. Pathetic in that I suck! I also went on a baking spree and whipped up 3 different kinds of cookies. Now the problem is getting them out of our house and in the mail to friends as quickly as possible. Greg finally chopped down all the scraggly, dying bushes in our backyard. I shudder to think about uprooting them and preparing the soil for new plants. The never-ending joys of home ownership. :) We lost our second game of the new soccer season, but as always, we had a great time doing it. And that's our super exciting week-end in a nutshell. Oh, what glamorous lives we do lead.

No comments: