Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yep, They're Brothers

Joseph has started showing signs of wanting to potty train. First he would tell us when he was wet and would refuse to sit until we changed his diaper. Then he started using his little potty after we'd strip him down for baths. The other day he ran into the bathroom, fully clothed, yelling "pee pee! pee pee!," and he did. So we're rolling with it. It's a no pressure situation since I think they're still very young, especially for boys. Luke hasn't really shown any interest except for occasionally sitting on the potty and smiling up at us.

So...

This morning we were about to put the boys in their seats for breakfast, when Joseph started pointing at his diaper and saying, "Wet! Wet!" I asked if he wanted his diaper changed. Yeah! I love his enthusiastic, quick yeahs. He grabbed my hand as we headed over to the changing mat.

So how far will one boy go to spite his brother?

Luke, whose favorite hobby often is twisting and writhing and giggling his way out of diaper changes, runs past us, climbs up onto the couch, and lies himself down across the changing mat before his brother can reach it. He was that desperate to one-up Joseph that he eagerly volunteered for one of the easiest diaper changes I've had since they hit toddlerhood.

Stinker. :)


They're definitely 2 and definitely brothers.

No comments: