Luke

Luke likes:
Peas, black beans, pretty much any kind of bean or bean-shaped food
Grabbing hold of the cats' tails (believe me, they love this)
Laughing. He has a crazy little almost-naughty chuckle that he busts out often. His teachers at school absolutely love it too. :)
Wheels. Anything with wheels. He likes inspecting them up close to see how they work, how they're attached, and how efficiently they spin.
Soccer balls. He especially loves raising them above his head and throwing them onto the ground to see where they bounce.
Throwing himself on a stack of pillows on the ground. I'll pile them up and watch the boys go to town. Luke will fall in and then wallow all over them with a huge smile on his face the whole time.


Books. Every night before he goes to bed, he insists on going through his books first, which of course, we oblige.
Mama's keys, gym card, pretty much anything I'm holding that doesn't look like a toy
Making a great escape, or trying to anyway. He's always reaching for door knobs. I'm scared.
His bottle. This has proven to be a huge challenge now that we're weaning away from bottles.

Talking. He is constantly chattering on and on about something that seems awfully important.
Grabbing a fistful of his brother's hair to help steady himself. Luckily Joseph doesn't seem to mind most of the time.
His Mama. He's going through a major mommy phase right now. And, yes, I do love it. :)

Luke dislikes:
Going to sleep. After months of being the "easy" baby to put to sleep, he has suddenly decided - no thanks, Mom - it is not for him. He'll go down on his own pretty quickly if we leave the room, but he's not too happy about it.
Sippy cups. He is pissed at sippy cups now that we're trying to wean from bottles. I'm hoping he'll come around and they can be friends once again. (Actually this applies to both boys lately.)
Water running over his face. I think he panics. He's not all that comfortable in water (although our trip to the pool this past week-end was a major success!).
Letting me brush his teeth. He would much rather suck or bite on it without my interference thankyouverymuch.
Sharing. Joseph will hand us stuff - balls, blocks, food, whatever. Luke offers it out to us but never actually lets us have it. :) He also has a habit of giving his brother a not-too-subtle shove from time to time but especially when they're both clinging to my legs to be picked up.
Being still. He is always, always busy.
Watching him, I can almost see how his little brain is working and growing and figuring things out. He is very independent but still likes to check in frequently with Mom & Dad for cuddles. It is so gratifying when we get him into a rare, honest-to-goodness giggle fit. Oh, and he has intensely squishable cheeks. I love pressing them right up against my cheeks. Love it! :)
Happy 14 months, my little man! Mommy and Daddy love you to bits!
4 comments:
YAY for updates!! The boys are getting so big! We need to get the kids together soon.
Ok, OMG. Luke is JUST LIKE Cooper. And Joseph reminds me of Spencer. How uncanny!
Cooper is not a fan of sharing and laughs when you ask him to hand you something, like "what?! are you crazy? this is mine!"
I laughed at being pissed at sippy cups because that's a funny thought. :) I hope they can be friends once again. Soon!
And I still love that Luke uses Joseph's hair as a handle. That cracks me up to no end. Although, poor Joseph!
Ack! What a sweetheart he is!!
Same as Joseph - how could Luke be so big and look so much older already?? Both of these blogs are wonderful!
Love from your Mimi
Post a Comment