I. Love. It!

It's a 'fast' lens, which makes snapping photos in low light (and without using the ugly flash) much easier. It also has a fixed focal length, meaning no zooming in and out.

For my camera, there is also no auto-focus with this lens so I actually have to practice in order to get the effect I want. This isn't as trivial as it seems. I try to focus on one of the boys' eyes but when I download the photo, I see that I've actually focused on his ear, leaving the eye a blur. Of course, I could solve this problem if I figured out how to change the aperture on my camera. But then the effect isn't quite as cool. And that would require me to actually sit down and read the manual.

I am not using my camera to even a fraction of its potential. I realize this and want to change that. In fact, one of my new year resolutions was to learn more, but that takes time and time is in short supply around here. In the meantime I'll just play with what I know and hope to get some good shots here and there.
Luckily I have two gorgeous models...

...who are easily bribed with Cheerios.


But sometimes even Cheerios can only get you so far. :)
My muses are 9 months and 4 days old.
8 comments:
Those came out GREAT!! Adjusting the aperture isn't that hard. Trust me. :)
Great job! I need to learn how to use my camera to its full potential too. And you do have two adorable models!
i totally don't know how to use my camera either and have three lenses. haha.
so what kind of lens is this?? they turned out great!
I just love pictures of these two. Such handsome little boys.
your pictures look awesome! im impressed. ill come babysit and you can read your manual, or take it to the gym :)
Soooo cute. Feel free to ask Matt about cameras. He switched from Canon to Nikon and is super into it. He set up a photo studio in the basement that's pretty cool.
I spoke to Shawn briefly and she said you'd be up for dinner Thursday night April 1 - yay!!!! I get in at noon that day. What are you up to???
Those are some adorable models! I looove their baby blues. Great pics, keep 'em coming :)
Ashley, it's the Nikkor 50mm/1.8D. I really do love it.
Post a Comment