Thursday, November 12, 2009

Chopped Liver

This is the third day in a row that I've made it to the gym (yay!). And I'm trying not to take it personally, but when I drop off the boys at the nursery I can't help but feel that they are entirely too happy to see the backside of me.

No matter how beastly and cranky pants they are at home, every time I hand them over to the nice ladies in the infant room, they are nothing but charm and huge smiles. Where were those smiles for Mommy??? Then when I pick them up and ask how they were, all I get is that they were maybe a bit fussy for, like, 5 minutes but little angels other than that. Tuesday when I got Luke, the lady handed him over and he was still staring at her and giggling like a little boy in love. Really, guys?? Really?

I can't tell if they just love the nursery that much or if those ear-to-ear grins are their way of saying, "Thank God! A new face to stare at - FINALLY!" Either way, I guess I shouldn't complain because these 2 hours a day that I get with the gym membership are life savers some days. And if they're happy, I'm happy.

Most days I'll maybe exercise for 30 minutes. The other hour and a half are spent in the whirlpool or taking a nice, leisurely, steamy shower, a rare luxury at our house these days. Then in those last minutes, I come to the couch area in the locker room (I love this gym) and pull out a book or catch up on my internetting like now.

I love, love, love being at home with my boys, but decompression is good too.


The boys are 5 months, one week and 1 day.

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

It's TOTALLY normal for that to happen. All I get at the daycare is how Addison is the perfect little baby girl. Then as soon as I get home, the wailing begins. I've been told by my mom and Matt's mom that that is just how it goes. This also makes it a ton easier to leave her at daycare... knowing she loves being there. So, someday you too won't have to worry that they will be sad that you are gone all day and then when you do pick them up, they will give you really big smiles!