So today (Day 9), Greg has been (and probably still is) at the hospital with his mum and aunt. Ewa is receiving her first dose of chemo for round 4 in the treatment of lung cancer she was diagnosed with back in November. Today is her long day. Next Friday is the short day - more chemo but not an all-day affair. Then she'll have two weeks of letting the drugs do their thing. And after that is the exciting part. The doctors will re-run all of their tests. She'll get another scan to gauge how well the treatments have been. Have the tumors shrunk or stayed the same or, heaven forbid, grown? We had some cautiously optimistic news after round 2. An x-ray showed that the big tumor in her right lung maaaaay have shrunk a bit. However, it's really hard to get a "real" picture from x-rays so the doc was careful to stress that we shouldn't get our hopes too high.
I'm hoping that at the very least, the tumors have not grown. That they've stayed the same size they were before the treatments, which would suggest that the chemo is suppressing the growth. That would be fantastic news because Ewa was asymptomatic when the tumors were found, meaning they were so small that they weren't impacting her life in any negative way. In fact, they were found completely on accident. A very lucky accident, which means it was caught early while Ewa was still very healthy.
**This just in**
Just talked to Greg on skype. They're back from chemo. Ewa looks great. They've scheduled a new CT scan for early April. There's a possibility that IF the chemo is working well, they may go ahead and do two more rounds of it because it's obviously getting the job done. Don't know yet, but that's something they might consider.
Hoping for the best!
So Gunther & Maria are in London now. I got to talk to them briefly. I was asked to model my huge belly for them, and when I did, a look of pure terror/disgust/shock came across Gunther's face. Poor Maria. The guy, love him to death, but he has no compunction for politeness or decorum whatsoever. He is grossed out by this whole pregnancy thing, and there's just no disguising that fact. Oy! I think Maria may have to beat him every once in a while. :)
Wishing I was there to join in on the fun. And grossing out Gunther live & in person.
1 comment:
Poor Gunther. Actually, you're right, poor Maria. That guy has no idea! You look great, I'm sure!
Post a Comment