I won't say much about Monday (Day 5) except that it was a very bad day, involving lots of tears and a gushing bloody nose. Don't worry. No one was hurt. This is just one of the many weird side-effects of crazy pregnancy hormones that no one ever tells you about. Normally, I just have a little blood in my Kleenex when I blow my nose, but this one was a 5-tissue doozie. The good news is that after my tears & the bleeding stopped, I was so emotionally drained that I collapsed into bed and don't think I moved almost the entire night.
Yesterday (Day 6), while not fantastic by any means, was much better. Or perhaps I should say it was much more stable. No crying jag. Not even a bloody tissue. I got to see & talk to my shumma for about an hour (between all the dropped skype calls and computer crashes) before he headed out to meet up with some mutual friends, both professors in England. All I can say is, live it up while you can, babe! Because when you get back, we've got to get to work. On the nursery. On finding a new car. On cooking my dinners! I'm sure you can't wait, right. :)
Yesterday was also St. Patty's day, and how did I celebrate? By getting home a little after 8 p.m. for the first time in days, loving on the kitties for a bit, and passing out on the couch by 10 p.m. I was exhausted! But I'm nearing the 3rd trimester now. In fact, my 25-week belly is the equivalent of a singleton mom's 31- to 33-week belly so I suppose exhaustion is to be expected.
Today is day 7. I'm working from home so that when I need breaks from writing (and I'm not updating the blog), I can vacuum, do laundry, love the on the neglected kitties for a while, and also lie down to relieve some of the pressure on my back - it's caving under the weight of my ginormous belly! (Which reminds me, I really need to take another picture so you can marvel at the size... It's pretty impressive if I do say so myself.)
For dinner tonight I'm meeting up with my friend Shawn who has a two-year-old and has been absolutely awesome to Greg and I. She and her hubby Jim know they only want one kiddo so we're making out like bandits! We've inherited tons of hand-me-downs, including a full box of toys, a pack-n-play, a crib tent, a noise machine, a humidifier and several expensive bottles. After dinner, we're hitting Babies R Us so she can show me what items saved her life & sanity and what were complete wastes of money. It's about time I registered since I have two baby showers coming up in the next month! Plus, it'll be good just to have a little girl time.
1 comment:
don't you just love hand-me-downs? They're the best and the people who give them are just awesome. :)
Post a Comment