Friday, March 13, 2009

Co-dependency Backlash: Day 2

Confession: I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. last night, tracking Greg's plane progress to Newark and then across the Atlantic just to make sure that he made it to England in one piece. As soon as I saw that his plane had landed and was taxiing down the runway, I collapsed into bed and a deep coma.

At some point in the early hours of the morning I woke again, realizing that 1) my husband wasn't there (where the HELL was he?!?), 2) oh, yeah, he's in England, and 3) even though I had the whole expanse of the bed to sprawl across with my large body, I had kept myself confined to my tiny corner (tiny because Greg is a bed hog who likes to toss & turn all night just to keep me on my toes). At this last realization, I made a conscious effort to roll over, take my left leg and stretch it all the way over to the far corner of the bed. Liberating is the word I'd use to describe that particular sensation. The ENTIRE bed just for MEEEEE. Mwahahahaha!

Then I got sad again.

Anyway, I must have fallen asleep again because the next thing I know this incredibly loud sound seemed to be coming from everywhere all at once, and I was so confused. It took me a minute to realize it was my phone. Greg was calling from his mum's house. Ahhhh... :) He wanted make sure I knew he was just fine, and we've now seen and talked to each other twice today. (Thank you, skype.)

I still miss him like mad, but this technology thing is wonderful stuff. It really does make the world seem a little smaller and this long trip of his that much more bearable.


Miss you, babe! Hope you're having fun, but maybe 3 beers when you're exhausted and jet-lagged isn't the best of ideas, huh. :)

Big smooches,
moi
xxxxxx

1 comment:

Juicy said...

I am a little jealous of yours and Greg's relationship. My husband hates talking on the phone and would never call me twice in one day! That's crazy-talk! He'd call and say, "Ok, I got here just fine. I'll call you later. Love you, bye." And then I'd hear from him probably 5 days later. Geez!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? You guys are going to be so cute when you see each other again when he gets home. :) Or make-a-girl-blush-worthy. Either way! ha ha!!