Friday, February 27, 2009

Those Are Definitely Kicks!

Not my belly. But how crazy, right!

I mentioned before that I was a little worried about the boys since I couldn't feel any regular movement in there. Well for the last week or two, I've finally been feeling little flutters. They'd usually come when I was busy concentrating on other things so they'd only get my attention as an after-thought. Wait, was that a kick? Then I'd drop everything and sit really still, trying to feel something again. Of course, I never did. The boys were messing with me.

Then this week they've been a little more pronounced. You know when you're riding in a car, and the car hits a little dip in the road and your bladder does this little jumping wheeeeeeeee thing? It kinda feels like tiny versions of that. Like they're tickling my bladder. Again, very faint. But I could tell they definitely weren't my imagination.

Well, this morning was kinda awesome. Greg was already up, out of bed, showered and being productive. I, like most mornings, was completely awake but hadn't even attempted to move out from under the fluffy duvet. I'm a slow starter and like to savor my morning laziness. It's necessary.

Greg was cleaning out the litter box, like he does every morning. And like every morning, he pulled out the DustBuster to vacuum up all the little loose bits of kitty litter that the brats like to kick everywhere. I hate the DustBuster. Especially first thing in the morning. It is so. damn. loud! The sound seems to travel down the hall & into our room and bounce off all the walls, gaining intensity the whole time. By the time it hits my sleepy ears, it feels like a physical assault. Usually I just cringe, grab another pillow and bury my head underneath it until he's done.

Well, I think the boys are with me on this one because soon after Greg turned on that DustBuster, I started feeling kicks. Kicks! Multiple, distinctive kicks! On each side of my tummy! There were some on my left side right under my ribs and another set on my right side that were much lower. It was so cool!

I yelled to Greg, they're kicking! They're kicking! Greg cut off the dreaded DustBuster, and the kicks subsided and then faded. I told Greg, Ok, they've stopped. So he went about finishing his business. As soon as he turned the DB on again, they started kicking again! Of course I got all kinds of excited and started yelling again so Greg ran in to see if he could get a feel. By the time he got a hand to my belly though, they had stopped again. Poor Greg missed the show. But I didn't, and I've been a little giddy ever since.

Tonight I fully plan on testing this little DustBuster theory. Maybe we'll get lucky, and Greg can join in on the fun. :)

2 comments:

BeckO said...

Larisa! That's awesome. That photo shocked me a bit at first.. but I love the DustBuster story! You have to let us know if your theory proved true or not! :)

Tabatha said...

I love that you can feel them now!! It took a little while for our little A to cooperate so Miller could feel her. Tell him to be patient!!